- The pouch on a pelican's beak can hold up to 2 gallons of water.
- A freshly hatched crocodile is three times longer than the egg it came from.
- Frogs have an ear drum on the outside of their head.
- Polar bears look white, but they actually have black skin.
- Crickets have ears on their front legs.
- A blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant.
- Some frogs squirt blood from their eyes when they are angry
"What is this universe but the lavish demonstration of the incredible, incomparable, unimaginable exuberance and wisdom and power and greatness of God! And what a God He must be! What a God He must be!
Which brings me to the final statement.
God rejoices in the works of creation because they point us beyond themselves to God Himself.
God means for us to be stunned and awed by His work of creation. But not for its own sake. He means for us always to look at His creation and say: If the work of His hands is so full of wisdom and power and grandeur and majesty and beauty, what must this God be like in Himself!!
These are but the backside of His glory seen through a glass darkly. What will it be to see the Creator Himself! Not His works! Not even a billion galaxies will satisfy the human soul. God and God alone is the soul's end."